Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19) in forestry
Version 1.8 - 07.01.2021
The health, safety and wellbeing of those working in forestry is already a priority for the forestry sector, and as such we are well-placed to manage the additional risks of COVID-19.
This FISA document sets out guidance on how to work safely. It gives practical considerations of how this can be applied in forestry operations.
V1.8 released 7th January 2021 - updated to take account of the following:
- Reference to the new, more transmissible, variant of COVID added
- Shielding section updated to point to local guidance
- Working from home where possible emphasised in “Who should go to work” section
- Reference to travelling into/ out of Scotland added to section 4.1
- Reference to cleaning of vehicles following maintenance and MOTs added to section 5.2
V1.7 released 14th December 2020 - updated to take into account the reduction for self-isolation down from 14 to 10 days.
V1.6 released 30th October 2020 - updated to take into account the regional differences in COVID-19 protection measures across the UK
V1.5 released 19th October 2020 - updated section 6.1 to take account of new face covering rules in Scotland
V1.4 released 9th October 2020 - minor changes to section on managing meetings.
V1.3 released 10th August 2020 - Areas changed are: 3.1 changes to shielding requirements; and 6.1 changes to facemasks section
V1.2 released 30th July 2020 - self isolation period extended from 7 to 10 days.
V1 released 29th May 2020