The Accord is run as a 'not for profit' organisation, and its principle in funding its activity is based on the 'Everyman Principle'.
All of us in the forest industry have a moral duty to improve the safety performance of our industry, therefore the funding model is based on the large majority of participants contributing to the Accord on a very modest level, recognising the financial pressure on all operations and the need to be fair and equitable and provide value for money. We believe the benefits available will far outweigh the cost of membership.
FISA membership fees will be reviewed annually.
There are two classes of membership; Individual and Corporate. The latter includes sole traders, parternships and limited companies. FISA requests business principals to take out Corporate membership and then apply the appropriate subscription metrics in the interest of fairness and raising funds to invest in the work of FISA.
The level of subscription paid by each member is indicated, by assigning a 'Tier' and this will be displayed on the website.
INDIVIDUAL membership (Tier1) costs £30 plus VAT per annum. A subsidised rate which does not allow a member to show detail on the website beyond, their name.
CORPORATE membership (Tier2-10) costs £121 plus VAT per annum. In addition the following fees apply:
1. For those businesses directly working in the wood supply chain:
E.g. Processors, sawmills, hauliers, merchants & harvesting contractors.
Unaudited levy based on £0.0022 pence / tonne or /m3 over bark applied to the tonnage handled by the business.
2. Those managing &/or owning woodland and forests:
E.g. Managing agents, land agents (individuals and businesses), forest managers (individuals and businesses), forest owners.
Unaudited levy based on £0.0022 pence / tonne or /m3 over bark applied to the tonnes handled or sold by the business annually plus.
A levy of £0.0022 pence per hectare of forest or woodland owned or managed.
3. Other forestry related businesses supported by the supply chain:
E.g. Forestry ground works, equipment suppliers, machinery suppliers, clothing suppliers, safety equipment suppliers.
A subscription based membership to support the safety development of the industry applied at a rate of £0.22 per £1000 of turnover per annum.
For those businesses directly working in the wood supply chain:
EXAMPLES OF FUNDING CONTRIBUTIONS:
Timber Processor or Sawmill:
- Direct timber operations 300,000t pa @ £0.0022/t = £660
- Haulage 200,000t pa £0.0022/t = £440
- Total = £1100 plus VAT per annum
- Haulage 150,000t pa @ £0.0022/t = £330 Plus VAT pa
- Harvested 1,000,000t pa @ £0.0022/t = £2200 Plus VAT pa
- Haulage 1,000,000t pa @ £0.0022/t = £2200 Plus VAT pa
- Total = £4400 Plus VAT pa
Forest Manager or Agent Owner:
- Timber marketed 80,000t pa @ £0.0022/t = £172 Plus VAT pa
- Area under management 300,000 ha pa @ £0.0022/ha = £660 Plus VAT pa
- Total £836 Plus VAT pa
Forest equipment supplier:
- E.g. Medium size business £2m turnover pa @ £440 Plus VAT pa
- E.g. Large size business £5m turnover pa @ £1100 Plus VAT pa
- E.g. Annual tonnage worked 60,000t pa @ £0.0022/t = £132 Plus VAT pa
- E.g. Annual tonnage worked 150,000t pa @ £0.002/t = £330 Plus VAT pa