H&S ADVICE FOR THE LANDOWNER/AGENT
The Landowner responsibilities as covered under Section 3 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, and in the FISA Guidance on Managing Health & Safety in Forestry are dependent on adequate knowledge and competence in carrying out these duties (or the appointment of a competent agent to act on behalf of the Landowner).
The Working Group has two main purposes:
- To receive tasks or commissions allocated by the FISA Steering Group.
- To collaborate with other FISA Working Groups e.g. to consider emerging outputs from other Working Groups and their relevance for those discharging Landowner responsibilities.
- Advise the Landowner sector; raising awareness of their accountabilities and responsibilities in helping plan and operate a safe forestry work site.
- Provide and share examples of best practice with the forestry sector
- Improve the understanding of the need for selecting competent Agents/Forest Works Managers.
- Improve understanding within the Landowner community of the need to ensure sites are safely planned in advance of work; providing clear site hazard information and effective site safety co-ordination
CHAIR: Paul Johnston - NRW
Graeme Prest - FLS
Jim Colchester – Buccleuch
Gavin Adkins – Tilhill
Andy Greathead - Savills
James Simpson – Forestry England
Wally North - Forestry England
Ollie Hughes – Gresham
Graham Carter – Gresham
Gordon Pfetscher - Woodland Trust
Ben Clinch - Moray Estates
Laura Eulert - Crown Estates
Andrew Bronwin - Bronwin & Abbey
Des Campbell - NI Forest Services
John Dempsey - Coillte
Richard Hunter - Confor
Tim Barrratt - Bidwells
Mick Bottomley - FLS
David Edwards - Tilhill
Rik Metcalfe - Lockhart Garratt
Greg Jones - NRW
Ian Robinson - Scottish Woodlands
Michael Ryder - Oakbank
John Deakin - National Trust
Phil Mostyn - NRW
Steve Conolly - Cawdor Forestry
Kathy Gostick - HSE