Tick information from Forestry and Land Scotland
Forestry and Land Scotland has shared a wide range of Tick related information with FISA.
Training Videos – for staff, contractors and the public
Ticked Off videos on YouTube – provide a range of information for anyone working in the outdoors;
Lyme Disease and Ticks - a doctor's advice for bikepacking
While related to cycling the information and discussion in this video are very relevant. FLS has worked with the Youtube influencer and teamed him up with a Dr so the info is factually correct, as well as upskilling the youtuber so he knew what he was talking about thus helping with myth busting around ticks and lyme disease.
Campaigns on FLS website
Good depth of information in this link often ued on staff training courses as well as public focussed
How to report to HSE under the RIDDOR regs
- How to make a RIDDOR report - RIDDOR - HSE
- Select - “report of a case of disease” fill out the form
- first part - who is making the report “About you and your organisation”
- second part - is “About where the affected person usually works”
- third part - Affected person details including About the local authority and work activity where the affected person usually work
- fourth part - About the disease including where was the disease contracted - select onshore.
- as you progress through it choose “biological agent” as the disease category diagnosed
- put “lyme” in the specify the diagnosed disease
- put details of work activity that led to the disease eg deer stalking – this text box is free text you can describe all sorts of information in here