Brexit and changes to compliance standards (Plant, equipment and PPE)

Check if you need to change your conformity assessment or marking

You need to use a conformity marking if you’re placing certain goods on the UK market. Before 1 January 2021 you could do this using the CE marking or other appropriate marking (such as the wheel marking or Pi marking). The UKCA marking is the conformity assessment marking for Great Britain for most goods previously subject to CE marking.

Goods that are lawfully CE marked will be accepted in the UK until 1 January 2022 for certain products. You must be ready to use the UKCA marking from 1 January 2022 at the latest, although you should look to use the UKCA marking as soon as possible.

Using the UKCA marking

You only need to use the new UKCA marking before 1 January 2022 if all of the following apply. Your product:

This does not apply to existing stock.

For example, if your good was fully manufactured, CE marked and ready to place on the market before 1 January 2021, you do not need to use the UKCA marking even if the certification was carried out by a UK-based body. These goods will only be able to be placed on the GB market and only until 31 December 2021. From 1 January 2022, you will need to use the UKCA marking.


Download with PPE advice and Links on UKCA marking below:

Previous Article BBC Headroom
Next Article Temporary omission of rescue breaths from training during current period of high transmission rates

Latest News