DEVELOP AND LAUNCH AN INDUSTRY AGREED CHAINSAW OPERATOR REFRESHER TRAINING PROPOSAL
Original NPTC chainsaw certification has been in existence for almost 20yrs. It is recognised, and promoted in the AFAG guides that best practice should include some form of training refresher either on a 3 or 5 year cycle. The group has provided a FISA Chainsaw Refresher Course.
Training competency is both qualification and experience.
CHAIR - Graeme Hodgson - GPE Forestry
Simon Wallis - Euroforest
Fiona Angier – Confor
Martyn Davies – SRUC
Victoria Laurie – MWMAC
John Wray – City & Guilds
Robin Jackson – City & Guilds
Stuart Phillips – Lantra
Steve Fowkes – Forestry England
Roger Cope - Forestry England
Martin Lennon – Independent
Alastair Henry – FLS
Keith Paterson - FLS
Ros Burnley – Trail Blazers
Rona Higgins – Scottish Woodlands
Callum Duffy – Duffy Skylining
Richard Hunter – Newton Rigg
Iain Calvert – Scottish Woodlands
Tina Ambler – Tillhill Forestry
Sally Tansey - NRW
Sean Duffy – Lantra
Liz Barron-Majerik – Lantra
Mared Dacey – Trail Blazers
Gillian Clark (support) - FISA CEO
Continue to implement Refresher training Programme and further develop course categories.
RESOURCES &/ FUNDING REQUIREMENTS:
Ongoing Trainer standardisation costs
Publishing Training programme
Priorities and Action Plan
- Continue with FISA refresher, supervisor and FWM training courses. These to be reviewed on a regular basis and updated when needed.
- Monitor trainer resource capacity, competency and availability
- Contribute towards course content with training providers to ensure adequate training is available to the industry.
- Liaise with other groups on subjects that cross interests
- Liaise with Chairman.
- Provision of FISA Chainsaw Refresher Course
- Provision of Chainsaw Supervisor training
- Provision of basic FWM training